Thursday, November 11, 2010

Global Warming

So I came across an article the other day discussing global warming. I have just a tiny obsession with global warming so I thought I would elaborate my idea on here. First of all I would like to say that Global Warming does exist. Unfortunately I am sad to say that my theory of Global Warming differs from most people’s theories. Millions upon millions of years ago, compasses would have pointed south due to the Earth’s magnetic field. The Earth eventually flipped as to where compasses pointed north. This explains the ice age.
Now it is expected that the Earth will make this flip again. An effect of this will be the North Pole ice caps melting. The melting of these caps will cause temperature changes in the water. The water currents will then circulate throughout the globe causing many hurricanes which are known to alter the temperatures within the ozone.
Now you may be asking how the sun comes into play in all of this. Well you know thoughts pretty lights you see in the northern hemisphere called the Northern lights or aura borealis? Well thoughts occur from the sun's rays escaping into the North Pole. The sun also plays part in Earth’s magnetic field.
And wal-la you have now been introduced to my new theory of Global Warming. No government interference what so ever. And it is not a human pollution problem either.
P.S I did not do any researching on my facts so if it’s wrong, my bad!!!

9 comments:

  1. I also share an uncommon view of global warming. The climate was originally quite mild & tropical. We find fossils of creatures & plants that were more suited to this kind of environment. Then the global flood occurred (yes, I believe in Noah's ark) & cooled the earth dramatically, leading to the ice age, in which dinosaurs most likely died out. Since then our climate has become widely varied all over the planet, & it moves in cycles. Sometimes it's hotter, sometimes colder, but there's really nothing we can do to affect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, I think it is foolish to assume that humans have such significant control over Earth as some global warming theorists would suggest. In AP chemistry class, we looked at the percentage of human emissions related gases in the atmosphere. The percentage was massively insignificant. I agree with your theory, as my belief is that any global warming is caused by the cyclic mature of Earth or simply it's design. Basically, if global warming is meant to happen, it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature of Earth** (I commented from my iPhone).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I partly agree with Mitchell, I don't think humans have the control over global warming, however I do believe we have contributed greatly to destroying other parts of our Earth (for example, destruction of rainforests). However, back to the global warming issue, I don't really know that much about it, but I don't think that it will affect us in our lifetime, or do any of the major damage so many expect. I think that for now, we have much bigger problems to worry about. I agree with you, that global warming is just part of Earth's cycle and it will happen when it will, without any help from us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my father telling me that decades ago all these scientists were warning everbody about a coming ice age...and now it is global warming (though, if we do go with the greenhouse gases cause, an eventual side effect is quite similar to a 'nuclear winter')...

    The magnetic fields are an interesting aspect to take into account, but what is terrifying is what will happen to the way animals who rely upon magnetic fields will function with the polarity is reversed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think global warming is a figment of our imaginations. . . Just kidding. I don't believe that humans can really stop it from happening. We live how we can. I don't think we are going to change that now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Global Warming is happening. However, humans are not the cause of it. Man is pretty egotistical thinking he can change an entire planet. anyway, i too have had my father tell me about when scientists said that a new ice age was coming. Government is dumb...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way, if an ice age due to global warming DOES occur, I want to end up like Jake Gyllenhaal did in The Day After Tomorrow. I want to be locked in a library with Emmy Rossum as my new girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah mitchell! you can have emmy rossum and I will take jake gyllenhaal. loveee him!

    ReplyDelete